Other names: Liquid Gold, Liquid E, TNT or Rush.
Poppers are an upper (stimulant) and they are small bottles filled with liquid chemicals. The liquid is toxic (very dangerous) and should not be drunk. People sniff the vapours of the liquid and the effects are immediate but only last a very short time.
Poppers give you a head rush and can relax the sphincter (bum) muscles.
When effects wear off you can feel sick, faint, weak and possibly have a headache and rash around your mouth or nose.
Risks and Dangers
Poppers are toxic and very dangerous if you swallow them or pour the liquid onto your skin.
Poppers are dangerous for anyone with chest or heart problems, anaemia or glaucoma.
It is dangerous to take poppers if you are on medication to reduce your blood pressure as they cause your blood pressure to drop to a dangerous level.
Poppers are highly flammable so don't put them near any flames (lighters etc).
Poppers are not illegal to buy as they are sold as room odourisers and often sold in sex shops, clubs and bars.
[alcohol] [amphetamine] [anabolic steroids]
[cannabis] [cocaine] [crack] [crystal meth]
[ghb] [heroin] [ivory wave]
[ketamine] [khat] [lsd] [magic mushrooms] [mephedrone] [methadone]
[solvents] [tobacco] [tranquillisers]